With a goal of raising funds to support head and neck cancer, Partners in Care has released its 2023 race schedule. The races will be hosted across the country, with both an in-person and a virtual option with a timed 5k run or 2-mile walk.
All money raised from the races will be used locally by Partners in Care to provide financial assistance to head and neck cancer patients and to provide cancer screenings. The race series was started 11 years ago to bring awareness to head and neck cancers and raise money for those unable to afford costly associated recovery therapies that often aren’t covered by insurance or with a very high copay.
Between April and May the organization will host a series of 13 races nationwide. The 2023 race schedule is:
- Apr. 15 at 9 a.m. in Tri-Cities Washington starting at Columbia Point Marina
- Apr. 16 at 9 a.m. in Redding, California starting at Lake Redding Park
- Apr. 22 at 9 a.m. in Key West, Florida starting at Higgs Memorial Park
- Apr. 23 at 9 a.m. in Miami starting at Larry & Penny Thompson Park
- Apr. 23 at 6 p.m. in Fort Lauderdale at Snyder Park
- Apr. 29 at 8 a.m. in Cape Coral, Florida starting at Jaycee Park
- Apr. 30 at 8 a.m. in Sarasota, Florida starting at Payne Park
- May 4 at 6 p.m. in Charleston, West Virginia – in Charleston, West Virginia at Magic Island
- May 6 at 9 a.m. in Winston Salem, North Carolina starting at Jamison Park-Muddy Creek Greenway
- May 7 at 8 a.m. in Asheville, North Carolina starting at Carrier Park
- May 7 at 4 p.m. in Greenville South Carolina starting at Conestee Park Nature Preserve
- May 13 at 9 a.m. in Denver, Colorado starting at Carpenter Park
- May 14 at 9 a.m. in Colorado Springs, Colorado starting at America The Beautiful Park
The cost of registration is $30 for adults and $20 for youth (17 and under). There is no fee for children under age five. Registration will include a race T-shirt.
“Head and neck cancer accounts for about 4% of all cancers, and our races across seven states will bring recognition to the disease as well as support for the individuals battling head and neck cancer,” said Kathy Tolentino, Partners in Care foundation director. “Dollars raised support patients and caregivers in the local area, increase community awareness and provide a fun opportunity for patients, caregivers, physicians, healthcare providers and supporters to interact in a positive and life affirming activity.”
The race partners for the 2023 Head & Neck 5k run/2-mile walk include Brad and Jen McCleary, Steadfast Ventures and Bodies Race Company.
For more information or to register for a race visit www.YourPartnersInCare.org/events